The software, whether for mobile or fixed devices, is not intended, designed or fit for placing, carrying or supporting emergency calls to any emergency service or any call for the purpose of obtaining assistance, help or aid in the event of an emergency. Bria mobile software products may provide handling designed to redirect emergency calls to the native cellular dialer when possible on a reasonable commercial efforts basis, however this functionality is also dependent on the operating system of the mobile phone which is outside of our control and subject to change at any time.
Articles in this section
- Does my SIP Server or PBX need to be open to the internet?
- I have a really large team. Are there any limits on the number of users I can have?
- How many PBX/SIP Server Configurations can I add?
- Can I use Bria Teams App-to-App (Team Voice) calling feature to make an emergency or 911 call?
- Can I use Bria to make an emergency or 911 call if it’s connected to my calling service?
- Why does Bria Teams have a delay when answering calls?