If you are encountering a 408 error in Bria, it means that Bria is sending a registration signal to the domain you've configured but not receiving a response.
Possible Causes of the 408 Error:
Signal sent to the wrong server: Ensure that the domain you are connecting to is correct. Double-check the server details you have entered in Bria.
Server unable to process the signal: If the server is receiving the registration signal but unable to process it, you may encounter a 408 error. In this case, reach out to your Voice over IP (VOIP) provider to inquire about any issues with your registration attempt.
Response routing issue: The server might process the registration, but the response back to Bria may be routed incorrectly over the network.
Resolving the 408 Error:
Check domain and contact VOIP provider: Confirm that the domain you are connecting to is correct. If it is, contact your VOIP provider and ask them to investigate if they can detect your registration attempt.
Try changing Firewall Traversal Method to STUN: In some cases, changing the Firewall Traversal Method to STUN can resolve 408 errors. Follow the steps below depending on the Bria product you are using:
Bria Solo and Bria Teams:
- Log in to the Bria admin portal.
- Navigate to the Voice & Video tab and edit your server configuration.
- In the "Service Settings" tab, look for the Firewall Method option.
- Select STUN
- You can use "stun.counterpath.com" as the firewall server URL (no username or password required), or if you have your own STUN server, you can use that information.
- After making the change, remember to log out and back in on the Bria app to download the updated settings.
- Open the Bria Mobile App and go to the in-app settings
- Click on your account > Account Advanced > Network Traversal Strategy
- Change the Strategy to Application Managed
- Save the settings
Bria Enterprise / Branded clients
Please see our Settings and Attribute reference guides for details on what attributes to adjust for STUN.