Encountering a 503 Service Unavailable error in Bria can indicate a couple of issues. Typically, it means either your service provider is unable to fulfill your registration request or Bria is unable to route the registration to your provider. This article will guide you through the steps to troubleshoot and resolve this error.
Common causes of a 503 Service Unavailable Error:
Service provider outage: It is recommended to first contact your Voice over IP (VoIP) provider to inquire about any ongoing service outages that may be causing the error.
Incorrect Transport Method Some VoIP providers may not be compatible with a specific transport method that Bria attempts to perform. This can result in a 503 error. Specifying the correct port and transport type can help avoid this problem. If you are not sure what port and transport method to use, please contact your VOIP provider and ask what they require.
- iOS Privacy Settings If you are on iOS, some device updates have been known to remove Bria's access to the internet, resulting in a 503. Please check under the iOS settings > Privacy > Local Area Network to make sure that Bria has permission to access the network.
Updating the port and transport method:
Bria Solo / Bria Teams:
- Log in to the Bria Admin portal.
- Navigate to the Voice & Video tab and edit your Voice Server Configuration.
- Locate the corresponding field for configuring the port and enter the value provided by your VoIP provider.
- Switch to the Service Settings tab of your Voice Configuration.
- Specify the transport type to be used based on the information provided by your VoIP provider.
- Save the changes.
- Go to the in-app settings > accounts > your account > Account Advanced and click on SIP Transport to change it to the method your VOIP Provider recommends.
- To add the port, go to the in-app settings > accounts > your account and append it to the end of your domain using a colon. For example, if your domain is example.com, and your port is 5060, set the domain to example.com:5060
Bria Enterprise / Branded clients
Please see our Settings and Attribute reference guides for details on what attributes to adjust the transport method.
To adjust the port, please append it to the domain with a colon. For example, if your domain is example.com, and your port is 5060, set the domain to example.com:5060