Prefix not displayed for known contacts

Robin Masters shared this problem 2 months ago
In Discussion

Hi,

We have multiple phone numbers that customers can call for different products and services. All those calls are prefixed with a name so that we know how to answer the phone.

Usually we add customers as a contact to the phonebook for obvious reasons.

Sadly Bria doesn't show the prefix for contacts in the phonebook. Some customers use more than one of our products and so this is an issue.

Could an option be added to always show the prefix (showing the entire phone number would be fine too).

Comments (10)

photo
1

Hello Robin,

Can you please send me an example of what you see in Bria and what you actually want to see?

Cheers,

Harpreet Singh

photo
1

Hello Harpreet,

Of course, but don't judge my bad Photoshop skills haha.

This is shown when a known contact is calling:

518f5f4d54061731861fcb0bffe3f084

This is shown when an unknown contact is calling, notice is shows the prefix (I obfuscated the real text):

bb916cef1a8619d6c757afddd66ddea9

So the prefix is different based on the number the customer has dialed or even a selected menu item (for instance sales or support) and would like to have something like this:

334af16f79a58f8cdb3e6aa900374e5f

photo
1

You can only enter whatever you want in the Display name, First name and last name when you save a contact. Other than that there is no other way to display any additional information. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

- Harpreet

photo
1

Hi Harpreet,

Yes its currently not possible, but can this option be added?

Bria receives this information from the hub, when displaying the number it is stripping the prefix.

photo
1

Robin,

Bria 4 is a legacy product now so in case you're using Bia 4 then we won't be making any changes to it. Bria 5 is the latest product and all the changes are applicable only to it. I can forward this idea to our product management.

However, I can also check the log report from your Bria to see what information is server sending to Bria and what is Bria displaying for the known contact. Also, please send me a screenshot of how the number is saved in Bria and screenshot of the notification of call received. Let me know the time when you made this test call so I would know which call was it in the log. Please follow the steps below:

In Bria 4, select help -> troubleshooting -> support. Once there, please set the log level to debug by dragging the slider to the right. Now fully close Bria and open again. Next, please replicate the problem you have been experiencing.

After replicating the problem, please click send log and then add any additional information you would like to send in the box which pops up (or nothing if you so desire) and click send log once again. A reference number will be generated for the log you submitted. Please post the reference here so I can find your log.

- Harpreet

photo
1

Hi Harpreet,

Well if you could add this support in Bria 5 that's fine too, can you change the ticket to Bria 5?

The relevant logs reference is EBA589E6, when you read it you'll see the following lines.

Please note that I stripped the whole phone number and replaced with XXXXXX, same for IP.

From: "RVL RTM:+316XXXXXX" <sip:+316XXXXXX@185.19.XXX.XXX>;tag=2te0m4tKe4mpc

From: "RVL RTM:+318XXXXXX" <sip:+318XXXXXX@185.19.XXX.XXX>;tag=XQQevj48Dc8vN

The first line is for a known contact and the second is for an unknown contact, the prefix and phone number are both sent to Bria (or any other VOiP client). The prefix will be any text before the + sign (afaik).

I'm not sure if its a standard or not though and if not is might be wise so make this an option (or even a list of prefixes that can be configured).

Hope this is enough info, I bet other customers are interested in this feature too.

I was unaware I was running a legacy product and will buy an upgrade when this feature is added.

photo
1

Can you please also send me a screenshot of how the number is saved in Bria? Also, I'm still investigating "what and how" of this issue. Whether any changes would be made will depend on the nature of the situation and it is something in product managements hand. This is something I can't promise myself. I hope you understand.

photo
1

Hi Harpreet,

Yeah I understand. I've attached the screenshot. As a test I added the number with the prefix as well but it doesn't change things.

photo
1

So, it is not really an issue but just how the information is displayed in case of known and unknown contacts. I will propose it to the engineering about it and see if it flies. For now, I can just recommend entering the prefix in the display name part with the actual name of the contact so at least you see the prefix. Entering in the number part won't be accepted by Bria.

photo
1

Hi Harpreet,

Yes, Bria has all the information, is just needs to display a bit more for a known contact :)

Adding a prefix to the name won't help because they can be dialing to different phone numbers.

Hopefully this is something that could be added, as we will be buying licenses for the rest of our organization in the start of next year.